My Happiness Skills Workbook (eBook)
Neuroscience-based tools to help you live a happier life!
2. HAPPINESS DEFINITIONS
3. HAPPINESS BELIEFS
4. MENTAL TIME TRAVEL
5. HAPPINESS VALUES
6. PRIORITIZING POSITIVITY
7. EMOTIONAL MEMORY
8. EMOTIONAL ATTENTION
10. BEST POSSIBLE SELF
13. POSITIVE PERSONALITY TRAITS
14. IDENTIFYING PERSONAL STRENGTHS
15. SEIZING OPPORTUNITY
16. HEALTHY EMOTIONAL PROCESSES
17. MINDFULNESS MEDITATION
18. STOPPING UNHEALTHY EMOTIONAL PROCESSES
19. EMOTION REGULATION
20. RESILIENCE AND BENEFIT FINDING
21. GRATITUDE LIST
22. GRATITUDE LETTER
24. ACTS OF KINDNESS
26. ACTIVE LISTENING
28. REFLECTING ON PROGRESS
29. CUSTOMIZING YOUR HAPPINESS PLAN
30. CREATING YOUR HAPPINESS PLAN
31. COMMITTING TO HAPPINESS
32. FINAL ASSESSMENT
What is the science behind this workbook?
This workbook is based on a unique blend of scientifically-supported activities shown to improve happiness and well-being. It is drawn from discoveries in the fields of positive psychology, emotion science, clinical psychology, and neuroscience - fields that each offer unique insights into the science of improving the human condition.
A seminal aspect of this workbook is the emphasis on translating discoveries from these fields into experiential learning activities. Therefore, in addition to integrating well-being research across different fields, this workbook relies upon science-based approaches that enhance your learning, motivation, and engagement.
How does scientific research inform this workbook?
- You will notice that this workbook involves very little information directly teaching you about happiness. This is because research has shown that people learn better through experience. So, most of the knowledge you will gain from this workbook will be through engaging in happiness activities, self-exploration, and critical thinking.
- The activities you will engage in have been specially designed for ease of use and positive impact. They cover a broad range of skills and happiness dimensions. Some may be more fun; others may be more challenging. Just keep in mind that each of these activities is based on peer-reviewed research, and is suggested to increase happiness.
- This workbook focuses on happiness, well-being, and thriving. Although these skills are often helpful for individuals with more severe mental health issues, they should not replace professional guidance from a trained therapist. The information is intended for general use, and not intended to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease/condition
At Sage Learning Academy we scout out and work with a variety of trained mental health professionals to work as consultants and trainers in order to provide the most comprehensive online learning courses available. Each course will include a bio of the instructor within the course as well as their qualifications. Please contact us for more information and we hope you enjoy the courses we have to offer. Stay tuned for regular updates and new course offerings!